Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Project DIY #1

Hey guys! I know I haven't blogged in FOREVER, but it was for a reason. Two actually. I, not so recently,  graduated eighth grade, and I made my dress! And that inspired me into starting Project DIY. Over the course of the summer I'm going to do 100 DIY projects! And of course I'm going to blog about them, and maybe give a tutorial? So I hope you guys enjoy this little project, hopefully I will stay truthful and actually do all 100! As my first DIY I find it appropriate to have it be my graduation dress! Obviously I'm not going to give a tutorial on this one! But I can give a quick explanation of it. It's made of silk eyelet dupioni, in an off white color. And because it was eyelet (which means it has those little holes in it on purpose :) ) i had to line it, so it was lined in a chinese silk in a pale pink. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the back or a close-up of the top, but I'll do my best to explain it. Hmmm where do I begin.... I guess I'll start at the top. It had spaghetti straps and a sweet-heart neckline, which had a ruffle on one side. Below that, it kind of had a wrap dress sort of feel. AH! I don't know how to describe it! Basically, for my fellow sewers out there, it was made up of large darts and pleats. Then it had a gathered skirt. Then in the back, the top had these bunny ears almost (: That were tied in a bow. So I hope that sounded good.... I'll add one of the pictures my mom took to make it a little more clear. I hope this is the start of a great project!
PS The shoes are Franco Sarto
and the pearls are my moms.
xoxoxoxox

mia

No comments:

Post a Comment