Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Trend Spotting

Hey guys, I'm super sorry I haven't posted in the past couple of days, I'll try and make up for it. Trend Spotting. One of my favorite ways to trend spot is to snuggle up in bed with the new Teen Vogue and Seventeen. Although, it's important to remember that not all trends, no matter how hot, look good on everyone. For example, denims really in, and not just in jeans. Dresses, overalls, blouses...etc. But I know I'm petite, and I can't pull off overalls. (Not that they're really my style but... if they are and you're petite like me.) They make me look short and stubby. Not good. So try and find something similar to that trend that flatters you. For example I might want to try a little overall dress. Alexa Chung, designer for Madewell, has a whole line of denim frocks that are supposedly "...taking over the jean scene." (Teen Vogue November 2010.) Including an overall dress or two. Haha. Another thing to remember is to stay true to yourself, and style. Don't think to stay fashionable that you must wear all the current trends. If you don't like it, don't wear it. I have for sure shunned a trend here and there. For example, parts of the whole "Scandinavian Style" that's going around I'm not in love with. Like the heavy-duty, all weather boots, are not going to be in my closet. So remember, stay true to your style, and remember what looks good on your body type, and you'll be all set. I'll talk to you guys later!
XOXO,
Passion4Fashion <3

No comments:

Post a Comment